This position functions as the Binder Operator. Responsible for the safety and well-being of their crew while managing the daily work schedule, quality control, minor troubleshooting of machines, training and crew development. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage crew to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Manage production of the current job.
- Communicate the job vision and expectations to the crew.
- Assist in developing and administering department operational policies and procedures.
- Provide reports to the shift supervisor regarding the crew’s performance and job progress.
- Work in a team environment with other machine operators and supervisors regarding staffing needs.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Obtain a score of 95% or higher on Merlin testing.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety regulations.
- Follow department operational policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of printing, finishing, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the job specific equipment.
- Leadership skills.
- Must be flexible and very accommodating towards the changing work schedule and able to work OT as needed.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; or GED; or 2 or more years of printing/Finishing experience; and/or vocational training in the printing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
First shift: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm approximate hours
Second shift: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm approximate hours