This position functions as the Die Cut/Bindery Operator. Responsible for their safety and well-being while completing the daily work schedule, ensuring quality control, minor troubleshooting of machines, training, and performing production related activities on all bindery equipment and other equipment as deemed necessary/appropriate by supervisor. . In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of die cutting machinery to cut, crease and score a variety of paper, including the installation of cutting and stripping dies and the use of make ready to insure optimum performance of cutting dies.
- For new orders interact with design and die makers about die layout, verify all paperwork for new orders is complete, check for correctness of new dies
- Assist in the feeding of sheets or unloading of product for all die cutting equipment
- An understanding and ability to use all bindery machines (and others as assigned by supervisor) to complete job tasks.
- Assist in the training and development of other team members and ongoing self learning.
- Work in a team environment with other machine operators and supervisors regarding staffing needs.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Safely operate fork lift adhering to all safety regulations
- Adhere to and enforce all safety regulations.
- Follow department operational policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of printing, finishing, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the job specific equipment.
- Leadership skills.
- Must be flexible and very accommodating towards the changing work schedule and able to work OT as needed.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; or GED; or 2 or more years of printing/Finishing experience; and/or vocational training in the printing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.